Breathe Easy With Effective Sinus Relief
At Chicago ENT, we understand just how debilitating this disease is both physically and emotionally. And that’s why we are continuously conducting research to bring you the newest, most minimally invasive treatment options available, like Balloon Sinuplasty™.
Help for Sinus Pain and Discomfort
Sinusitis, also known as rhinosinusitis, is one of the most common and debilitating health problems in the U.S. In fact, research proves sinusitis is now more common than heart disease and asthma.
Sinusitis: Now Easier To Treat Than Ever Before
The sinuses are air spaces behind the bones of the upper face, and are located between the eyes and behind the forehead, nose and cheeks. Each of the 4 pairs of sinuses has an opening that allows mucus to drain – this drainage is essential to keeping your sinuses clear. Anything that obstructs the flow may cause mucus buildup thereby causing chronic inflammation in the sinus lining. Signs and symptoms of sinusitis may include:
Options For Chronic Sinusitis
Surgery isn’t your only option for chronic sinusitis. In fact, at Chicago ENT we’re constantly researching the latest, most cutting-edge treatments around. After your medical exam, your Chicago ENT sinus specialist will sit down with you and review your treatment options so together you can decide which treatment is right for you. Those treatments include:
- Medical Therapy — includes antibiotics and nasal sprays.
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (ESS) — procedure used to remove blockages in sinuses.
- Traditional Instrumentation — traditional sinus surgery.
- Balloon Sinuplasty™ — the newest, most minimally invasive surgical option
Quick and Accurate Diagnosis and Treatment From Our Allergy Specialists
Sinus problems are often caused by allergies (such as pollen, mold, dust mite). Our allergists are experts in diagnosing and treating these ailments. Working closely with our ENT specialists, they are able to provide a collaborative plan in treating chronic sinusitis.
Videos on Sinus Treatment
- Soothing Sinuses
- Fox News Pillar Implants Stop Snoring
- FOX Minimally-Invasive Nasal Valve Repair
- Dead Sea Salts Nasal Spray
- If you have more questions on Sinus and Allergies, click here for our FAQ.
Blog Posts on Sinuses