Sleep Apnea Treatments Chicago
Sleep Apnea Treatments to Help You Wake Up Refreshed
Snoring affects men and women of any shape, size, or age—not just overweight men. It is an ancient problem that can have severe effects on relationships, energy level, and cardiovascular health, to name a few.
Until recently there were few remedies to choose from. Sleep centers became factories where patients would receive diagnostic testing and would be sent home with a CPAP machine. Patients visiting a dental sleep center would get an oral appliance. And, if you saw a surgeon, your only treatment option would be surgery.
More Experience Means More Options
If you or someone you love snores, it’s important to see one of our snoring and sleep apnea specialists to rule out serious underlying medical conditions. In the meantime, there are a number of lifestyle changes you can make to reduce your snoring.
Easy Treatments for Sleep Apnea and Snoring
World-renowned sleep specialist Dr. Michael Friedman and his team of expert ENTs, allergists, head and neck surgeons, and dental sleep specialists now treat snoring and sleep apnea with a number of non-invasive and minimally invasive treatment options. These techniques include nonsurgical tonsil reduction, nasal valve repair, the Pillar Procedure, palatal stiffening, radiofrequency, and the latest innovation, robotic-assisted procedures.
Chicago ENT is just one of four otolaryngology groups in Illinois to offer Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation (UAS) therapy, a breakthrough treatment option for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) for those who cannot use Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy. Learn more about Inspire.
Take the Sleep Apnea Quiz
Does your bed partner complain about your snoring?
Do you or your bed partner often feel tired during the day?
Do you or your bed partner have trouble focusing at work?
If you or your bed partner can answer “yes” to any of these questions, it may be an indication of sleep apnea. People with sleep apnea typically snore and are at increased risk for weight gain, fatigue, hypertension and impotence.
||Symptoms & Signs:
Snoring’s Devastating Potential
If you snore, then you already know the effect it has on your relationships and how it has made you less productive at work. But you should know that sleep apnea can also cause serious health complications, including:
For More Information On Other Types of Sleep Apnea, Click on the Links Below:
Blog Posts on Sleep
- What Is Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation? The Treatment You’ve Been Hearing About Explained
- Can Alcohol Really Impair Your Sleep and Cause Insomnia?
- Women and Sleep Apnea
- Curing Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation Clinical Trial Videos
- These Foods Might Be Keeping You Up At Night!
- Couple Thank Dr. Friedman for Snoring Treatment
- The Cure to Sleep Apnea? Phase II Clinical Trials Now Underway
- Dr. Friedman Talks Sleep on “You and Me This Morning”
- The Many Faces of Pediatric Insomnia
- Can’t Wake Up Your Teenager?
- 25 Interesting Sleep Facts
- Can You Play Sleep Apnea Away? Studies Hint Didgeridoos May Help
- Dr. Michael Friedman Pioneers Amazing U.S. Sleep Apnea Breakthrough
- Natural Remedies and Treatments for Sleep Apnea and Sleep Disorders
- Could an At-Home Sleep Study Be as Reliable as In-Lab Studies?
- Works like CPAP… without the CPAP
Videos on Snoring and Sleep Apnea
- WGN Non-Surgical Tonsillectomy
- FOX Shrinking Tonsil Procedure
- FOX New Pillar Implants Stop Snoring
- Pillar Procedure Stops Snoring
- WGN Nasal Valve Repair
- ABC Non-Surgical Pillar Procedure
- Pillar Procedure: Palatal Stiffening
- National Medical Report Pillar Procedure
- FOX Minimally Invasive Nasal Valve Repair
If you would like information on where to go for a sleep study, please click here.