At Chicago ENT we have state of the art COVID-19 protected offices that are now OPEN for patients requiring ENT care. Your health is essential, and we encourage you not to delay the care you need. We are taking every possible measure to keep you safe and are in compliance with CDC guidelines. We have adopted many precautions to minimize your risk of exposure to COVID-19 when you come to any of our Chicago ENT locations.
On May 4th we re-opened our Halsted and Skokie clinics and are performing elective procedures. These are just a few of the measures we have taken to ensure the cleanliness and safety of our clinic:
- We have partnered with Dr. Vishnu Chundi, Infectious Disease Specialist, to oversee our safety policies and procedures.
- We are continuously sanitizing all surfaces in the waiting area and patient rooms.
- To minimize the risk to both patients and staff, we have reduced the clinic schedule to minimize the number of people in the waiting area and to allow for increased exam room turnover and cleaning time.
- We have installed plexiglass protective shields in our lobby area between the team members and patient waiting area.
- Our clinic is fully supplied with ample face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer stations.
- We ask that adult patients come alone, and pediatric patients are accompanied by only one parent.
- We screen patients at the door for symptoms and we ask that patients sanitize their hands when they check-in and check out.
- We utilize social distancing practices such as curbside check-in and waiting area, distanced seating, and clinic chairs.
- COVID testing, when indicated, is arranged.
- In person visits are designed for examination only and complemented with telemedicine communication.
Within our Sleep Centers, scheduled to begin reopening May 15th , these are some elements of our COVID preparedness strategy:
- We have moved to 100% disposable equipment for the in-lab sleep studies, so that nothing is being reused.
- We are pre-screening patients prior to scheduling and will be taking temperature readings on all staff and patients entering-exiting the sleep lab.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required when entering the Sleep Lab. This will be provided to our patients by our clinic.
- Our sleep rooms are thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant after each use. All linens are rotated daily and professionally cleaned.
At Chicago ENT we are dedicated to providing a safe space for you and your family to receive the finest Ear, Nose, Throat, Allergy and Audiology care and will continue to monitor this developing situation closely and comply with recommendations and instructions from our local and state health departments.