Sleep apnea & snoring treatments to help you wake up refreshed
Snoring affects men and women of any shape, size, or age—not just overweight men. It is an ancient problem that can have severe effects on relationships, energy level, and cardiovascular health, to name a few.
Until recently there were few remedies to choose from. Sleep centers became factories where patients would receive diagnostic testing and would be sent home with a CPAP machine. Patients visiting a dental sleep center would get an oral appliance. And, if you saw a surgeon, your only treatment option would be invasive surgery.
More experience means more options
At Chicago ENT, our team of expert ENTs, allergists, head and neck surgeons, and dental sleep specialists now treat snoring and sleep apnea with a number of non-invasive and minimally invasive treatment options. These techniques include nonsurgical tonsil reduction, nasal valve repair, the Pillar Procedure, palatal stiffening, radiofrequency, and the latest innovation, robotic-assisted procedures.
Chicago ENT is proud to offer inspire therapy, a breakthrough, implanted treatment option for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) for those who cannot use Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy.
Take the sleep apnea quiz
Does your bed partner complain about your snoring?
Do you or your bed partner often feel tired during the day?
Do you or your bed partner have trouble focusing at work?
If you or your bed partner can answer “yes” to any of these questions, it may be an indication of sleep apnea. People with sleep apnea typically snore and are at increased risk for weight gain, fatigue, hypertension and impotence.
- Family history of snoring
- Male gender. Men are more likely to snore and have sleep apnea than women, although snoring in women increases after menopause
- Nasal congestion
- Enlarged adenoids and tonsils
- Using alcohol or sedatives
Symptoms & signs:
- Sound sleeping
- Disrupted breathing
- Unrefreshing sleep
- Weight gain
- Dry throat
- Impaired sexual function
- Irritability, mood change
- Daytime sleepiness
Snoring’s devastating potential
If you snore, then you already know the effect it has on your relationships and how it has made you less productive at work. But you should know that sleep apnea can also cause serious health complications, including:
- High blood pressure
- Decreased mental function
- Heart attack
- Increased risk of an auto accident
- Irregular heartbeat
- Weight gain
For more information on other types of sleep apnea, click on the links below:
Videos on snoring and sleep apnea
- Understanding CPAP By Dr. Friedman
- WGN Non-Surgical Tonsillectomy
- FOX Shrinking Tonsil Procedure
- FOX New Pillar Implants Stop Snoring
- Pillar Procedure Stops Snoring
- WGN Nasal Valve Repair
- ABC Non-Surgical Pillar Procedure
- Pillar Procedure: Palatal Stiffening
- National Medical Report Pillar Procedure
- FOX Minimally Invasive Nasal Valve Repair
If you would like information on where to go for a sleep study, please click here.
If you have additional questions about snoring and sleep apnea, please click here for our FAQ.