Amazing sinus treatment delivers amazing results
A growing trend has developed regarding sinus treatment technology, the impact it has had on the way ENT physicians treat patients, and the positive outcomes it has had on patient’s lives. Since its introduction in 2005, Balloon Sinuplasty™ technology has emerged as a new complement to existing sinus treatments, and has been utilized in over 125,000 patients and 350,000 sinuses. Each day approximately 200 sinus surgeries are being performed with this advanced, effective procedure. Ultimately, the technology may allow for significant symptom relief for patients and promotes a faster return to normal daily activities – often in 24 hours. Balloon Sinuplasty™ is a novel, endoscopic, catheter-based technology utilized in sinus surgery that you can discuss with your doctor. This FDA-cleared technology uses a small, flexible, sinus balloon catheter to open up blocked sinus passageways, restoring normal sinus drainage. When the sinus balloon is inflated, it gently restructures and widens the walls of the passageway while maintaining the integrity of the sinus lining.
What is balloon sinuplasty™ technology?
- Step 1 – Using the Balloon Sinuplasty™ system, your physician gently places a Sinus Guide Catheter and a flexible Sinus Guidewire through the nostrils to access the target sinus. Next, a Sinus Balloon Catheter is advanced over the Sinus Guidewire.
- Step 2 – The Sinus Balloon Catheter is positioned across the blocked ostium and gently inflated.
- Step 3 – Fluid is sprayed into the infected sinus to flush out pus and mucus.
- Step 4 – The Balloon Sinuplasty™ system is removed, leaving an open sinus passageway and restoring normal drainage and function.
Balloon sinuplasty™ benefits
- Safe and Effective – While use of any surgical instrument involves some risk, clinical studies have indicated the Balloon Sinuplasty™ system to be safe and effective in relieving symptoms of sinusitis.
- Minimally Invasive- The technology uses small, soft, flexible devices that enter entirely through the nostrils. These devices gently open blocked sinus openings, and in many cases, without tissue or bone removal.
- Reduced Bleeding- Because in many instances no tissue or bone is removed when using this technology, there may be reduced bleeding associated with the procedure. As a result, the need for uncomfortable nasal packing may also be eliminated.
- Quick Recovery Time – The Balloon Sinuplasty™ recovery time varies with each patient, but many people return to normal activities within 24 hours.
- Does Not Limit Treatment Options- This technology is an endoscopic tool and may be used with other medical therapies or sinus surgery techniques, and does not limit future treatment options if you have progressive sinus disease. As with use of any surgical instrument, there are risks, and results may vary from patient to patient. Talk with your doctor about your specific condition to find out if using the Balloon Sinuplasty™ system is right for you.